False eyelashes have become a staple in many people’s makeup routines. They can instantly enhance your eyes and give you a dramatic or natural look. However, caring for false eyelashes is just as important as choosing the right pair. With proper care, you can make your false eyelashes last longer and keep them looking as good as new. In this article, we’ll go over some tips on how to care for false eyelashes.
- Remove Them Carefully The first step in caring for false eyelashes is to remove them carefully. Avoid pulling or tugging on them, as this can damage both the lashes and your natural ones. Instead, use a gentle makeup remover to dissolve the glue and loosen the lashes. You can also use an oil-based cleanser to remove any leftover glue or makeup residue.
- Clean Them Regularly Just like your natural lashes, false eyelashes need to be cleaned regularly. You can use a gentle cleanser or a micellar water to remove any buildup of makeup, dirt, or oil. Be sure to clean both sides of the lashes, including the band.
- Store Them Properly When you’re not using your false eyelashes, it’s important to store them properly to prevent damage. You can keep them in the original packaging or use a clean, dry container. Avoid leaving them lying around on a countertop or in a drawer where they can get bent or crushed.
- Use the Right Glue The type of glue you use can also affect the longevity of your false eyelashes. Use a high-quality lash adhesive that’s designed specifically for false lashes. Avoid using any other type of adhesive, as it can damage the lashes and irritate your eyes.
- Be Gentle When Applying Them When applying your false eyelashes, be gentle and take your time. Avoid pulling or tugging on them, as this can damage the lashes or make them fall off. Instead, use a pair of tweezers to carefully place the lashes onto your eyelid, starting from the outer corner and working your way in.
- Avoid Getting Them Wet Finally, it’s important to avoid getting your false eyelashes wet. Water can damage the lashes and cause them to lose their shape. If you need to wash your face or take a shower, remove your false lashes first and store them in a dry place.
In conclusion, caring for false eyelashes is essential to keep them looking their best and make them last longer. By following these tips, you can ensure that your false lashes stay in great condition and enhance your eyes for many wears to come.